Dr Nilesh MorarDermatologist96.7%34King Edward VII's Hospital
5-10 Beaumont St, London, United Kingdom...
Dr Ramia MokbelDermatologistAmerican Academy of Aesthetic Medicine97.3%1026London Medical
49 Marylebone High Street, London W1U 5H...
Dr Archana RaoDermatologist93.3%349New Victoria Hospital
184 Coombe Lane West, Kingston upon Tham...
Dr John FergusonDermatologist95.0%212Cadogan Clinic
120 Sloane Street, London, SW1X 9BW...
Dr Robin Russell-JonesDermatologist93.3%2399 Harley Street
9 Harley Street, London, W1G 9QY...
Dr Linda RafterDermatologist93.3%236The London Scar Clinic
152 Harley Street, London, W1G 7LH...
Dr Monika SahaDermatologist97.3%606BMI The Blackheath Hospital
40-42 Lee Terrace, London, SE3 9UD...
Dr Robert MarsdenDermatologist93.3%707Parkside Hospital
53 Parkside Wimbledon, London, SW19 5NX...
Dr Tracy WongDermatologist93.3%448The London Skin and Hair Clinic
233 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7DN...
Dr Anthony DownsDermatologist93.3%24664 Harley Street
64 Harley Street , Marylebone, London, W...
Dr Ben EsdaileDermatologist93.3%247Aurora Clinics
17-19 View Road, London, N6 4DJ...
Dr Eleanor MallonDermatologist95.0%306108 Harley Street
108 Harley Street, London, W1G 7ET...
Breast Surgeon in London
Dermatologist in London
Aesthetic Practitioner in London
Paediatric Dentist in London
Dentist in London
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in London
Dental Hygienist in London
Aesthetic Dentist in London
Ear Nose & Throat Surgeon in London
Psychologist in London
Psychiatrist in London
Orthopaedic Surgeon in London
Obstetrics and Gynaecologist in London
General Surgeon in London
General Practitioner in London
Neurologist in London
Neurosurgeon in London
Ophthalmologist in London
Oncologist in London
Cardiologist in London
Paediatric Surgeon in London
Paediatrician in London
Physiotherapist in London
Podiatrist in London
Urologist in London
Sports Therapist in London
Dietitian in London
Genito-Urinary Specialist in London
Hepatologist in London
Paediatric Respiratory Specialist in London
Allergist in London
Midwife in London
Nuclear Medicine Specialist in London
Radiologist in London
Neurophysiologist in London
Dental Care Professional in London
Haematologist in London
Psychotherapist in London
Acupuncturist in London
Weight Loss Bariatric Surgeon in London
Holistic Therapist in London
Cardiothoracic Surgeon in London
Chiropractor in London
Clinical Geneticist in London
Endocrinologist in London
Infertility Specialist in London
Gastroenterologist in London
Geriatric Practitioner in London
Nephrologist in London
Vascular Surgeon in London
Nutritionist in London
Osteopathologist in London
Pain Specialist in London
Audiologist in London
Respiratory Medicine Specialist in London
Rheumatologist in London
Sport Medicine Specialist in London
Chinese Medicine Practitioner in London
Orthodontist in London
List of top dermatologists in London
Dermatology in the United Kingdom
Dermatology is the branch of medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of skin, hair, and nail conditions. In the United Kingdom, dermatology is a highly specialized field, and dermatologists undergo extensive medical training to become experts in their field.
Who is a Dermatologist?
A dermatologist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating skin, hair, and nail conditions. To become a dermatologist in the UK, you need to complete medical school and then undertake specialist training in dermatology. This typically involves at least four years of additional training, including a two-year foundation program and a two-year dermatology specialty training program.
During their training, dermatologists gain experience in a wide range of skin conditions, including skin cancer, acne, psoriasis, and eczema. They also learn how to perform skin biopsies, skin surgery, and other procedures.
Why Should You See a Dermatologist?
There are many reasons why you might want to see a dermatologist. Perhaps you’re struggling with acne or rosacea, or maybe you’ve noticed changes in your skin that you’re concerned about. Dermatologists can also help with hair loss, nail problems, and skin cancer.
One of the biggest advantages of seeing a dermatologist is that they can accurately diagnose your skin condition and provide targeted treatment. This can help to prevent further damage to your skin and improve your overall quality of life.
How do Dermatologists Help with Hair Loss?
Hair loss can be a distressing condition, but there are many treatments available to help slow or stop it. Dermatologists can play a key role in diagnosing the underlying cause of hair loss and developing an effective treatment plan.
One of the first steps a dermatologist will take is to examine your scalp and hair follicles. They may also order blood tests or a scalp biopsy to help diagnose the cause of your hair loss. Depending on the underlying cause, they may recommend treatments such as topical medications, oral medications, or hair transplant surgery.
What to Expect During Your Dermatology Appointment
If you’ve never visited a dermatologist before, you may be unsure of what to expect. Here’s a step-by-step guide to what typically happens during a dermatology appointment:
- Medical history: Your dermatologist will start by asking you about your medical history, including any medications you’re taking and any previous skin conditions you’ve had.
- Skin examination: Your dermatologist will examine your skin, paying particular attention to any areas of concern. They may use a magnifying glass or a special light to get a better view of your skin.
- Diagnosis: Based on your medical history and skin examination, your dermatologist will make a diagnosis and recommend a treatment plan.
- Treatment: Depending on your diagnosis, your dermatologist may prescribe medication, recommend a procedure, or suggest lifestyle changes to help manage your condition.
- Follow-up: Your dermatologist will schedule a follow-up appointment to monitor your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
Finding the Best Dermatologists in London
Now that you know what to expect during a dermatology appointment, let’s talk about how to find the best dermatologists in London. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Ask for recommendations: Ask your GP or friends and family for recommendations. You can also search for dermatologists using Doctorshire and read reviews from other patients.
- Check credentials: Make sure your dermatologist is registered with the General Medical Council and has the necessary qualifications and training.
- Consider location and availability: Look for dermatologists and dermatology clinics that are conveniently located and have appointments available when you need them.
- Research treatment options: Look for dermatologists who specialize in the treatment of your specific condition and offer the latest treatment options.
Dermatology Clinics in London
If you’re based in London, there are many top-quality dermatologists and clinics to choose from. You can view the list of top rated dermatologists and dermatology clinics in Doctorshire.