0 professional endorsements
100% patient satisfaction (144)
About Dr Jasim Al-Musawi
MBChB, FICMS, MRCP, FRCS
Mr Al-Musawi is a very experienced Laparoscopic (Keyhole) surgeon. He graduated with an MBChB in 1985 from the University of Baghdad, Iraq. After a period of extensive training in Iraq, he qualified as a General Surgeon in 1993. His research was on the pathophysiology of anal fissure treated with mini surgery, which resulted in unique and pioneering contributions in the form of publications, presentations, and lectures.
Mr Al-Musawi spent twenty-one years working in Iraq before moving to the UK where he became a Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh in 2008. He started his NHS career in St Bartholomew Hospital. He continued his clinical and academic journey and was granted with Speciality Board FRCS in General Surgery in London. He received training for colorectal surgery and laparoscopic upper GI surgery.
Mr Al-Musawi moved to NWLH NHS Trust in October 2010 and his current post involves Gastrointestinal, Laparoscopic and Daycase Surgery with a very strong commitment to teaching.
He is now a Consultant at Northwick Park Hospital, part of the London North West University Hospitals Trust, where he is now part of a team setting advanced biliary surgery. Mr Al-Musawi also provides General and emergency surgery services to the community.
He is an experienced endoscopist providing diagnostic services for gastroscopy and has JAG (Joint Advisory Group on Gastrointestinal Endoscopy) accreditation, for independent specialist practice in the modalities of gastro-duodenoscopy.
Jasim has many publications in surgical journals and presentations in national and international surgical conferences.
Mr Al-Musawi is very passionate about training junior doctors and young surgeons and is a clinical and educational supervisor for Junior doctors and surgeons in training.
He is passionate in teaching undergraduates of Medicine and has been awarded Honorary Lecturer title by Imperial College Medical School.
Jasim Al-Musawi offers consultations for the following treatments:
- Inguinal hernia surgery, open and laparoscopic (keyhole)
- Epigastric hernia repair open and laparoscopic (keyhole)
- Femoral hernia repair
- Incisional hernia repair, open and laparoscopic (keyhole)
- Umbilical hernia surgery
- Haemorrhoidectomy (piles surgery)
- Haemorrhoidal artery ligation (HALO)
- Haemorrhoidectomy by laser
- Anal fistula surgery, laser and other modality of treatment
- Anal fissure surgery and other modality of treatment
- Pilonidal sinus surgery
- Pilonidal sinus treatment by laser
- Lymph node excision
- Pain relief after surgery
- Sport hernia treatment
- Gallbladder removal surgery (cholecystectomy)
- Skin lesion removal surgery
- Sebaceous cyst excision
- Lipoma excision
- Abscess incision and drainage
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Upper GI endoscopy (Gastroscopy)
- Rectal Bleeding management
- Royal College of Surgeon of England
- Association of Surgeons in Great Britain & Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons in GB & Ireland
- Medical Defence Union
Dr Jasim Al-Musawi's Description
Dr Jasim Al-Musawi's Location(s)